Systems Director, NASA KSC
Requisition ID: 40948
All Locations: Kennedy Space Center, FL (Florida)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Civil Systems Group, a division of The Aerospace Corporation, brings engineering expertise and valued capabilities to NASA. In this Systems Director role you will provide overall technical and managerial leadership for CSG to Kennedy Space Center (KSC) by providing engineering services as the management focal point to NASA. You will work collaboratively with NASA senior managers and staff as well as our Aerospace engineering and program development staff in establishing, executing, and developing this line of business.
- Provide overall day-to-day technical and managerial guidance and direction to direct reports.
- Provide technical leadership, oversight and direct support for all work and deliveries, and coordinate with subject matter experts and engineering support across an interdisciplinary and geographically distributed teams.
- Support the development and documentation of corporate capabilities into service line offerings.
- Work with the NASA customer and Aerospace technical experts in formulating overall strategy, defining requirements, and evaluating capabilities, in this Exploration Systems area.
- Assist in strategic planning and establishing external strategic relationships with potential partners, customers, and collaborators.
- Apply Aerospace technical expertise in structuring support objectives, plans (scope, cost, schedule, resource) for on-going support efforts and strategic studies.
- Represent the organization and internal meetings and externally at customer venues.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 12 years relevant experience that includes program office and technical leadership.
- Experience working directly with the NASA Customer either as a contractor or civil servant, with special emphasis on familiarity with NASA organizational dynamics at the center and agency level.
- Previous technical and management experience in engineering design, development, test, and execution (DDTE) for facility and ground support systems and equipment necessary for launch vehicle and spacecraft processing, checkout, launch, and recovery.
- Demonstrated business acumen in planning, executing and managing tactical and strategic business plans in support of business goals and objectives, including planning managing scope, cost, schedule, resources.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, developing and managing qualified staff.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across different levels of customers, contractors and corporate staff.
- Demonstrated initiative, independent action, mature judgment, outstanding verbal and written communications skills, excellent liaison and coordination capabilities, effective teaming skills, and ability to interact effectively with all levels of Aerospace, government, and contractor personnel.
- Experience with developing strategic plans that transition the leadership, workforce, product lines and assets for NASA.
- Advanced Degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Supervisory experience managing technical staff, broad experience across the program life cycle, and experience working with senior level customers.
- Experience working within a systems engineering matrix environment.
- Federal Acquisition Certification for Program/Project Managers.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : SYSTEMS DIRECTOR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Melbourne
Job Segment: Engineer, Strategic Planning, Aerospace, Laboratory, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Strategy, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top