Systems Architect - Sr. MTS/Eng Spec
Requisition ID: 41045
All Locations: Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The System-of-Systems Engineering (SOSE) Office provides a wide array of architectural and portfolio analysis capabilities and integrates expertise and other system analysis and design capabilities from across the Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) to support our customers' most challenging acquisition, portfolio, enterprise, and cross-system architectural decisions.
- Provide engineering and analytical support to government customers in the area of systems architecture and system-of-systems engineering
- Interact directly with government customers as well as Aerospace program office personnel
- Develop and maintain Enterprise Architectures complying with DoDAF supporting government customers
- Facilitate the definition and development of architecture capabilities, activities, and mapping to existing and future systems with government customers
- Collaborate closely and remotely with the current SOSE team in Colorado Springs, CO, El Segundo, CA, and Chantilly, VA
- Facilitate the deployment or implementation of existing Aerospace tools and frameworks with government customers
- Understand customer problems and issues and turn them into tasks that can be supported by Aerospace capabilities at large
- Identify new capabilities and enhancements to current capabilities that will better support the customer base
- Provide ongoing technical consultation and advice to management, customers, and contractors
- Take initiative to inform management of perceived technical problems and recommend courses of action
- Act as organization's designated representative at technical meetings, presentations, and symposia
- Occasional travel may be required
- Current Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Bachelor's degree in science, mathematics or engineering
- Five (5) or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
- Demonstrated participation in system architecting activities
- Proven ability with DoDAF and common architecture modeling tools such as Sparx EA, GENESYS, Rhapsody, or Cameo
- Demonstrated participation of broad, multidisciplinary teams involving system design, acquisition and/or operations in one or more of the following areas: satellite systems, ground systems, launch systems, spacecraft buses, and spacecraft payloads
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to change, and demonstrate initiative under pressure
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Strong knowledge of systems-of-systems (SoS) engineering and architecting and model-based system engineering (MBSE) discipline, literature, tools, and processes
- Prior experience with space enterprise architecture development and enterprise value modeling, analysis, and concurrent engineering techniques
- Prior experience with related Aerospace architecting and design capabilities (CDC, PDST, various performance, cost, and risk analysis tools, etc.)
- Prior knowledge of the breadth and depth of ETG's technical capabilities and customer base with the ability to support from remote Aerospace locations
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBR-TCH STF SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Information Technology, IT Architecture, Secret Clearance, Engineering, Government, Technology
Back to top