Systems Analysis and Modeling Section Manager
Requisition ID: 41424
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Aerospace is seeking a Systems Analysis and Modeling Section Manager for our Engineering Applications Department (EAD). EAD develops a wide variety of software applications and performs analyses for engineering needs to support civil, commercial, and national security space systems.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and technical direction for the Systems Analysis and Modeling section of the Engineering Applications Department
- Identify, coordinate, and assign work activities for direct reports to design, develop, and maintain software and algorithms for a variety of engineering applications, including technical/scientific computing, high performance computing, simulations, and graphics visualization
- Monitor workloads and ensure responsiveness to customers
- Hire qualified engineers to meet current and anticipated customer needs
- Provide support to organizational leadership in meeting corporate and group objectives
- Support a wide variety of customers including SMC, NSG, CSG, and iLab
- Coordinate overall preparation and presentation of technical reports, briefings, and analyses prepared by section
- Evaluate staff performance, provide frequent and constructive feedback
- Facilitate career development and mentoring
- B.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Eight or more years of increasing responsibility and experience in simulation, analysis, modeling systems, model based systems engineering, algorithms, systems engineering, or software development is typical
- Project leadership and/or management experience
- Experience working with a wide variety of customers, programs, and ETG Divisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to form and lead highly productive intra- and inter-organizational teams
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI security clearance which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in mathematics, computer science, or related field
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and/or programming skills
- Familiarity with space architecture and mission areas
- Experience in orbital mechanics, orbit determination, geolocation techniques, satellite communications, and/or model based systems engineering.
- Experience as a line manager
- Experience as a team lead
- Experience as a mentor
- Ability to broaden Section's customer base
- Demonstrated self-motivation and willingness to take initiative
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MANAGER-ENGRG
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Government, Technology, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top