System Cybersecurity Engineer
Requisition ID: 47249
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Portfolio Architect is working to create the space enterprise strategy and framework that informs SMC acquisitions across Air Force Space missions. Aerospace's Secure Architectures & Specialty Engineering (SASE) department works with elements across the Portfolio Architect and SMC acquisition Corps to provide cross-program architecting and engineering support with a focus on cybersecurity, cryptography, key management, and resilient design.
In this position, the applicant will provide systems engineering support to the integration of cybersecurity across SATCOM programs and with the emerging ground enterprise for space.
- Provide cybersecurity integration and engineering support to the SMC Portfolio Architect
- Coordinate the establishment and implementation of cybersecurity requirements, policies and processes across SATCOM programs.
- Participate in enterprise cybersecurity operations IPTs and ensure integration with SATCOM programs.
- Coordinating resolution of issues within large multi-organizational teams encompassing SMC, Air Force Space Command, operational Air Force units, NSA, and other Department of Defense components and agencies as required.
- Assist in the assessment of cybersecurity threats and appropriate responses
- Work closely with programs to assess and define responses to emerging cybersecurity risks, reaching out to develop small project teams across program office and ETG (Engineering & Technology Group) personnel as necessary.
- Produce assessments or other products capturing the results cybersecurity engineering, risk assessments, and systems engineering/architecting tasks.
- 8 years of technical professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (engineering, science, mathematics, computer science) OR any Bachelor's from an accredited school and coursework/certificate in information systems security
- Experience in implementing DoD Cybersecurity policy
- Experience with the application of communications security technologies, such as cryptographic, key management, or authentication systems
- Experience with systems engineering disciplines, including requirements engineering, verification, test, and/or risk management
- Current Secret clearance and ability to obtain TOP SECRET / SCI clearance
- Ability to travel
- Experience with RF communications; Network communications; Model-based systems engineering; Spacecraft communications technologies
- Experience in executing or engineering defensive cyber operations capabilities or tool sets
- Experience in Systems engineering and architecting of diverse space systems
- Experience with the development, operations, sustainment or acquisition of SATCOM systems
- Exhibits innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Current TS/SCI and eligibility for SAP.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, ERP, Information Systems, Developer, Engineering, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top