Strategic Technology Hub Leader: Design and Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 46897
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Science and Technology Strategy Development team develops recommendations for the Corporate Technical Strategy to communicate the engineering, science and technology (ES&T) priorities and outlook for Aerospace and our customers. The team manages ten ES&T Hubs, which allow our customers to rapidly access and benefit from the extensive knowledge and expertise that Aerospace brings to bear in support of the Space Enterprise. Hubs are virtual knowledge networks of Aerospace stakeholders-subject matter experts and customer representatives--in multidisciplinary, multi-customer areas. Working collectively, Aerospace Hubs come together to build a corporate technical strategy with an enterprise view to identify gaps, needs, challenges, and new strategic focus areas.
Hub Representative and Technical Expert. The lead is a recognized expert within a designated hub domain for one or more hub concentration areas with a strong technical network and deep understanding of customer needs, aerospace industry experience, as well as a working knowledge of external trends impacting the direction of the space industry and customer focus. Enjoys thinking about "what ifs" and is curious about the views of others.
Strategy and Innovation Facilitator & Champion. Experienced project leader and facilitator of large cross-disciplinary technical teams and volunteer communities with the ability to collaboratively drive decision-making, generate accurate and understandable reports and recommendations, meet deadlines, AND bring out the best work of the team. This is a leader that technical staff look forward to working with. Some exposure to strategic planning processes and tools for inspiring innovation is desirable. Strong coordination skills are essential along with a deep personal interest in cultivating innovation. This role must excel at facilitating, coordinating and leading established strategic planning and hub-related processes.
Community Builder. Demonstrated ability to build and nurture thriving communities, project teams and committees with exceptional communication and collaboration skills. Must also be a natural connector of people and ideas, enjoy working with teams, strengthen networking, and enrich technical learning and mentoring opportunities. This leader has a high level of comfort working with a broad range of personalities, levels of expertise and points of view, and can effectively navigate conflict. Outstanding interpersonal skills are essential, and should be a capable administrator, leading teams to create the structure and support for the hub community.
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering or equivalent with 12 years of experience in S and T projects
- Program office experience and/or equivalent customer interface experience
- Multi-disciplinary project leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders within timelines
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current and active Secret level clearance
- Technical expertise in several of the following Design and Manufacturing Hub concentration areas:
- Spacecraft Design and Technology: Power and Energy Technology; Integrated Spacecraft Design; Thermal, Mechanical, and Structures; Simulation, Testing, and Analysis
- Materials and Manufacturing Technologies: Additive Manufacturing; Automation; Process Monitoring and Quality Assurance; Strategic Materials; In-space Manufacturing
- Software Design and Development: Agile Software Development Process; DevOps
- Transitioning Technologies, such as: Emerging Technologies; Transitioning Commercial Technologies
- Familiarity with strategic planning, roadmapping, or other forecasting processes
- Advanced degree in science or engineering discipline
- Volunteer organization leadership experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in research activities
- Excellent organizational skills including documentation of activities and archiving materials
- Skilled in using SharePoint and Microsoft Office tools. Experience in managing project schedules
- Current and active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Knowledge of other Hub domain areas and ability to provide cross-Hub leadership is a plus. The other Hubs are: Advanced Communication Technologies, Advanced Sensing Technologies Intelligent Systems and Data Science, Physics of Failure, Position Navigation and Timing, Security and Operations Technologies, Small Satellites Technologies, Space Enterprise Architecture, Space Access and Propulsion
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Strategic Planning, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Technology, Strategy
Back to top