Sr. Space Systems Integration Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 50781
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Systems Integration and Test Office (SITO) offers a diverse range of capabilities that enable and support the effective implementation of technical and programmatic mission assurance activities on satellite, launch vehicle, and associated ground equipment and facilities. SITO staff support all program phases beginning with pre-contract assistance with concepts of operation, integration and system test planning, and design and development activities followed by build, integration, verification, and transition to operations events. SITO is the ETG source of expertise in systems integration, including technology insertion, and system engineering aspects applied to the development of operationally realistic tests. The ideal candidate will be capable of performing SITO's roles and responsibilities, which can include: creating and reviewing system functional, performance, and operationally relevant test programs; or performing systems integration tasks relating to mission and system threads, interface definition, technology insertion, and the use of system integration tools and techniques. Additional duties may include the following:
- Provide direct integration support to programs in all phases of the acquisition life cycle through the transition to operations.
- Identify, track, and communicate, to department staff, information about test tools, analyses, and data/document repositories within Aerospace organizations.
- Provide systems engineering technical expertise in defining and developing new space system programs with architectural and operational concept trades to define the mission, organizational, physical, functional, signal, hardware/software, and operational interfaces and interactions.
- Provide assistance with ground, space, and systems integration related strategy, processes, and artifacts.
- Provide assistance with authoring, evaluation, and tailoring, of application integration standards and command media.
- Provide assistance with acquisition support to new programs, and updates to existing programs
- Establish appropriate and complete interface, accommodation, transition, and usage requirements for programs in the requirements definition phase.
- Ensure optimum interface designs during the design phase.
- Ensure the systems are designed with human considerations for all processes
- Ensure appropriate verification and validation of both interface and transition requirements are planned and executed.
- Create and update internal Aerospace command media, standards, guidelines, Mission Assurance Baseline, training and tutorials for integration and test processes.
- Provide direct support to programs and corporate entities in the areas of integration reviews, studies related to integration, and failure investigation.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or mathematics.
- Minimum 12 years of experience with multiple aspects of space systems integration and test, such as enterprise, space vehicle - ground systems, spacecraft bus, payload, human systems, and new technology insertion into existing systems.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and strong interpersonal skills required for interacting with Aerospace peers, internal and external customers, and contractor representatives.
- Must be technically persuasive with strong written and verbal skills.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to clearly define technical tasks, and form and lead technical teams.
- Current and active TS/SCI
- Advanced degree in engineering, science or mathematics.
- Mission domain knowledge, e.g. electro-optical, ground, etc.
- Publication of applicable command media, training material, and/or technical papers.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Laboratory, Aerospace, Engineering, Science, Aviation
Back to top