Sr. Software Architect
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 47641
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Software Architecture & Engineering Department is seeking a Software Architect to join their team! This role will entail Software focused General Systems Engineering and Integration (GSE&I) for ground and space systems and expertise in the areas of software systems architecture, software system engineering, ground and space software, software engineering lifecycle, tools, and analysis.
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation/modification of technical solutions, industry standards, methods, and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems encountered. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on matters of importance.
- Support includes requirement analysis, modeling and simulation, architecture and design evaluation, code analysis, performance and test assessment and developing software tools and databases for internal use and proof of concept.
- Lead fast-paced, diverse projects, ranging from advocating for digital engineering using model-based systems engineering approaches, to architecting (or migrating existing architectures) using cloud technologies and microservice designs, to prototyping DevSecOps pipelines to ensure secure and timely delivery of capabilities to mission.
- Serve as a technical contributor. Identify system level risks, supports software risk mitigation activities using software best practices, and analysis methods.
- Prioritizes tasks, facilitates communications, and acts as spokesperson for the working group to management/customers. Scopes requirements for and initiates acquisition of technical support from appropriate corporate resources.
- Monitors and assists in resource allocations to accomplish tasks, and may be given additional administrative coordination and management liaison responsibilities.
- May participate in new business and/or technical planning efforts.
- Continuously add to and improve your skillset to keep pace with new and emerging technologies, methods, and approaches
- Tasking will include full life cycle software systems engineering and software architecture support to programs of national significance within National Security Space, Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and Civil and Commercial realms.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical discipline
- 12 or more years of professional engineering/scientific experience, including a minimum of 5 years designing, writing, testing, and fielding software.
- Experience developing software using both agile and waterfall approaches to software development
- 10 or more years of hands-on experience designing, writing, testing, and fielding software using one or more of the following languages: C/C++, SQL, Java, PHP, C#, Python, SQL; familiarity with development frameworks and tools, such as Spring, JDBC, AWS, and/or Azure
- This position requires an active or previous Secret clearance, issued by the U.S. government.
- Identify and diagnose software design, implementation and cyber-security conformance issues; participates in the development of design improvements
- Ability to work and act as a leader both independently and on small teams collaboratively and with minimal oversight
- Expertise/knowledge real-time space and ground systems, including, program management, risk assessment, and process improvement
- Expertise/knowledge of service oriented and highly distributed architectures, cloud computing service models, and software ecosystems, MVC and RESTful architectural styles, patterns, and tactics
- Perform analytical studies, conduct tests, prepare details of analytical report findings and assists in planning and development of studies and design projects.
- Experience design and evaluating software architectures using one or more of the following methods: ATAM, SAAM, ARID
- Expertise/knowledge using quantitative approaches to support technical decisions and developing metrics
- Experience fielding scalable systems into cloud infrastructures.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines and associated technologies such as Jenkins, Gradle, GitLab, and CruiseControl.
- Experience fielding systems using container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, and EKS.
- Experience with Platform-as-a-Service technology such as RedHat OpenShift, Rancher, and Pivotal CloudFoundry.
- Advanced technical degree in a related discipline
- Exhibits high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers.
- Strong technical mentoring skills
- Familiarity with SMC and NRO programs and current SBI is highly desirable.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Architecture, Engineer, Electrical, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering
Back to top