Sr. SIGINT Ground Systems Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 53022
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for experienced engineers to join our growing SIGINT Ground Systems Department. The Ground Systems Engineer/ Senior Ground Systems Engineer will lead and coordinate architecture and mission analyses in support of the design, acquisition, and maintenance of mission planning systems. The Ground Systems Engineer/ Senior Ground Systems Engineer will identify and support the implementation of significant changes to how the ground conducts its mission.
- Serving as a technical expert defining and maintaining the ground architecture - leading systems engineering of new systems and capabilities
- Providing software systems engineering expertise to support effective management of large, software-reliant programs from pre-acquisition planning through source selection, design reviews, and integration and test
- Applying skills and adaptability in Agile transformations; software development; software acquisitions; and design of enterprise systems
- Developing mission CONOPS and use cases
- Evaluating software architectures and designs to ensure functional and performance requirements are satisfied and external impacts are understood
- Leading and managing major technical studies and trades assessing the impacts of proposed architectural changes on requirements, design, and cost
In addition to the above, the duties for the Sr. Ground Systems Engineer may also include:
- Defining future SIGINT satellite mission planning capabilities
- Formulating acquisition strategies and supporting contract solicitation and negotiations
- Identifying risks and watch items and recommending mitigation strategies
- Supporting contract solicitation and negotiations
For the Ground Systems Engineer:
- A minimum of 8 years of engineering related experience
- Experience with satellite ground systems (acquisition, development, or operation)
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution
- Exceptionally high level of innovation, creativity, and personal initiative
- Current TS/SCI clearance with SSBI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
In addition to the above requirements, the Sr. Ground Systems Engineer will have:
- A minimum of 12 years of engineering related experience
- Engineering/scientific experience as technical lead for teams
- Strong experience with satellite ground systems (acquisition, development, or operation)
- Experience with the design, development, or acquisition of software-intensive systems
Preference will be given to applicants with one of more the following:
- Advanced degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or a related engineering or scientific field
- Knowledge and experience working with SIGINT satellite mission planning systems
- Experience with the SIGINT architecture
- Experience with agile-based software development
- Experience delivering impartial assessments despite incomplete or imperfect information
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Engineering, Government, Technology
Back to top