Sr. Radar Enterprise Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 39343
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Systems Engineering & Launch Division (SELD) is seeking a motivated Enterprise Systems Engineer for support to the customer's System Engineering Directorate, Office of Chief Engineer, Radar Enterprise Systems Engineer (RESE). SELD provides end-to-end systems engineering and enterprise integration of the customer's space and ground programs involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence. Strong systems engineering approaches are utilized to provide sound and objective technical solutions. The RESE is responsible for ensuring end-to-end closure and mission success of customer mission systems.
- Provide direct systems engineering support to the Radar Enterprise Systems Engineer in execution of the following key functional areas:
- Management and baseline of system requirements and space-ground interfaces
- Identification and mitigation of system/enterprise/joint risks
- Development and execution of system verification, validation and test
- Assessment of system performance
- Development and execution of system readiness plans
- Management and assessment of system schedule planning and execution
- Daily interaction with customer counterpart
- Identify, initiate and oversee execution of relevant technical studies by Aerospace subject matter experts, including the Aerospace engineering matrix
- Collaborate on Aerospace backplane solutions to enterprise issues and activities with counterparts across the Aerospace customer support organization
- Support Independent Review Teams through the assessment of system maturity at key milestone/readiness events
- Develop briefings and present recommendations to customer and Aerospace management staff at all levels of the organizations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- A current or active TS/SSBI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Minimum 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Relevant Radar technical and programmatic domain experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with acquisition and systems engineering processes, including support to readiness reviews and sustainment activities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; experience authoring technical reports and briefing both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and complete tasks on short timelines
- Must be able to support occasional domestic travel
- Must be able to flex work schedule to accommodate deadlines
- An advanced degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering concepts, methods and practices
- Knowledge of Aerospace engineering matrix capabilities and experience with identifying tasks and managing support
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: RF Engineer, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top