Sr. Project Leader: Atlas & Delta Operations
Requisition ID: 40305
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Atlas V and Delta IV Operations is looking for a highly motivated and proactive individual with demonstrated technical and leadership skills to provide a broad range of technical and programmatic support associated with Atlas V and Delta IV launch vehicle system engineering and integration. The selected candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customer, contractor and Aerospace personnel. They will have the ability to work in a high intensity, fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and demanding customer.
- Provide systems engineering & integration for a broad range of technical and launch operation activities
- Provide early identification and prioritization of launch vehicle technical issues by continuously monitoring daily/weekly reports and maintaining communications with the combined Aerospace / Air Force team
- Directly interface and engage with contractors / subcontractors and maintain cognizance of activities required to insure a flight-worthy system, launch processing and flight readiness activities
- Assemble and lead multi-disciplinary teams to analyze and resolve technical and programmatic issues
- Coordinate Program Office and Engineering & Technology Group (ETG) resources in support of launch verification activities including disposition of flight issues, launch verification matrix requirements and launch operations support
- Provide support to ensure the Chief Engineer Review Board (ChERB) and Aerospace launch readiness verification processes are effectively applied
- Participate in Atlas V and Delta IV launch campaigns and launch rehearsals as the AGO Systems Engineer (AGO SE) and lead Design Center Walkdown (DCW) teams during launch campaigns
- Coordinate the completion of Atlas V and Delta IV Aerospace post-flight reviews and lead program office and ETG resources to assess impacts of flight data anomalies to other NSS missions
- Effectively interact with Government, Contractor and Aerospace personnel and provide mentorship to Air Force project officers
- Develop and implement common processes and tools across Launch Operations Division
- Act as a liaison with internal and external organizations
- BS or higher degree in Engineering or Science
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including experience in a systems engineering and/or program management environment
- Experience with launch vehicle hardware and software system design, development, test, and operations
- Familiarity with the Atlas V and Delta IV launch vehicles program and Systems Engineering and launch operations
- Familiarity with launch vehicle system integration and operations
- Team leadership and team building experience
- Project management skills and ability to utilize matrix support resources effectively
- Ability to provide risk assessment of complex technical issues
- Moderate travel
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customer, contractor and Aerospace personnel
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a high intensity, fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and demanding customer
- Experience with the Atlas V and Delta IV launch vehicles program and Systems Engineering and launch operations
- Experience with launch vehicle system integration and operations
- Experience in all phases of acquisition, from requirements specification through development, manufacturing, testing and verification
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Engineer, Testing, Security Clearance, Systems Engineer, Operations, Engineering, Technology, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top