Sr. Project Engineer - Vehicle Systems Engineering
- Chantilly, VA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
As a Vehicle Systems Engineer supporting a Space Program Office, you will work closely with colleagues, customers, matrix engineering organizations and Aerospace laboratory resources to assure sound technical direction is being pursued in support of a new generation of spacecraft. The role is focused on providing direct technical support to government customers within a dynamic embedded program office environment. Identify issues and risks, document mitigations and make recommendations to government customers. Coordination with multiple stakeholder organizations provides opportunities for networking across a broad range of Program Offices, Aerospace technology focused organizations and government leaders in the national security space community. Join our team and help us shape the future!
- Serve as a Vehicle Systems Engineer assisting in the development and fielding of the next generation of program spacecraft.
- Coordinate with colleagues, customers, matrix engineering organizations and Aerospace laboratory resources to assure sound technical direction is being pursued in support of the spacecraft development.
- Provide technical assessments of issues and risk associated with development, test and fielding of a next generation spacecraft.
- Maintain networks with other program offices, engineering experts, and organizations across the national security space community.
- Brief technical findings and recommendations to government and Aerospace management.
- Interact collaboratively with the customer and a wide variety of other support and development contractors who are associated with the program.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics or related engineering field.
- Minimum 12 years of e increasingly more responsible engineering experience
- Experience with aspects of space systems integration and test, such as spacecraft - bus, structures, power, thermal, controls, payloads, testing, and operations.
- A strong technical background and experience in spacecraft systems engineering, requirements development, design or spacecraft development for one or more National Security Space systems
- A demonstrated the ability to clearly define technical tasks, and form and lead technical teams.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills along with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with Government, Aerospace, and contractor personnel.
- Experience working in Government customer facing organizations.
- Able to identify technical support requirements and work effectively with matrix organization to obtain required support.
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- This position may require moderate travel.
- An advanced degree in engineering, or science;
- Experience working within the NRO SIGINT Directorate;
- Experience and expertise in the analysis of spacecraft manufacturing challenges;
- Experience interfacing with and briefing government customers;
- Working knowledge of the NRO enterprise including spacecraft acquisition, ground, launch, operations and end-users;
- Familiarity with Aerospace mission assurance practices
- Experience leveraging the full Aerospace Engineering Matrix organization against challenging spacecraft development and systems engineering activities.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top