Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Requisition ID: 43507
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
We are seeking a Strategic People Partner (Human Resources Business Partner) who will serve as a trusted advisor to the leadership team of the client group(s) we support. The Business Partner will be responsible for designing and delivering people and organizational strategies and programs to optimize people performance and achieve organizational business objectives. This role reports to the Leader of the Strategic People Partners with a dotted line reporting to the client group in Engineering and Technology. Some travel may be required.
- Develop insightful business assessments to provide creative, effective, timely, and prioritized HR solutions
- Design integrated people and organizational strategies and solutions by leveraging and partnering with the HR Centers of Expertise
- Lead and execute our people processes and programs like workforce planning, performance management, employee relations, labor relations, compensation planning, and others.
- Have strong business client leadership relationships and create effective partnerships across HR Centers of Expertise, finance, legal and others
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Identify talent issues before they impact the business
- Continually assess needs to optimize the engagement and performance of our people
- Use analytics to develop people and organizational solutions, proactively mitigate risk, and enable informed decisions
- Coach management, employees, and consults on organizational design, change, and culture
- Develop employee engagement strategies for better morale, increased productivity, and employee performance
- Collaborate with management toward leadership continuity by discovery and development of talent, and leadership succession planning
- Support and enable leaders to make informed talent decisions and to hold their organizations accountable for results. Give frank and thoughtful feedback and coaching
- Incorporate best practices and keep abreast of HR trends and benchmarks to optimally position us
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related discipline (Organization Development, Management, Business, Psychology ( or related field)
- 10 or more years of HR experience, with at least four or more years as an HR Business Partner
- Experience influencing at all levels and developing an internal network to gain support for HR initiatives
- Demonstrated strategic orientation, business acumen, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with navigating cultural and business sensitivities to champion diversity and inclusion, performance, and employee engagement
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government (U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance)
- MS, MA, MBA or like advanced degree in Business, Human Resource Management, Organization Development, Industrial Psychology, Management, or related field
- Solid track record as a HR Business Partner and as a trusted advisor
- Unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency; a self-starter; results driven
- Ability to rapidly gain credibility
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems and determine the best course of action
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks/client groups is required
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : HR MANAGER
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, HR, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Government, Human Resources, Aviation, Science
Back to top