Sr. Ground System Software Acquisition Engineer
Requisition ID: 47241
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for experienced Ground Systems Software Acquisition Engineering experts to join our growing Software Systems and Acquisition Department. Our customers need your help to acquire cutting-edge software capabilities to adapt to the evolving space technology landscape!
Successful candidates will assist customers with these types of engineering functions:
- Developing enterprise software strategies, architectures, and frameworks
- Architecting DevSecOps pipelines
- Modeling systems, processes, and/or costs
- Leading engineering studies such as software architecture evaluations; risk and opportunity identification, assessment, and mitigation; technology planning and insertion; performance assessments; failure analyses; and/or market research
- Elaborating acquisition strategies, creating concepts of operation, producing request for proposal packages, and participating in source selections
- Defining/refining/analyzing software requirements to support space, ground, and launch programs in the national security, civil, and commercial domains
- Providing software/systems engineering expertise to support effective management of large, software-reliant programs through pre-acquisition planning, source selection, design reviews, integration and test, and early operational testing
- Researching challenge problems, testing hypotheses, prototyping novel approaches, and/or proving concepts
This position is in Chantilly, VA. Occasional local and/or overnight travel to other locations is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- 12 or more years of significant experience in the development of complex, software-reliant systems across the lifecycle from inception through design, construction, testing, and deployment
- Experience in designing architectures for ground systems
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following: cloud computing technologies (such as AWS, Azure), Agile software development techniques, and/or Model-Based Engineering (e.g., SysML, UML)
- Demonstrated high levels of innovation, creativity, and initiative
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Active TS/SSBI clearance strongly preferred
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience working toward the acquisition of software-reliant systems (as an acquirer or a supplier)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the space enterprise
- Demonstrated knowledge of government acquisition processes
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Construction, Systems Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Back to top