Sr. Data Analytics Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 40964
All Locations: Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corp. is seeking a Sr. Data Analytics Software Engineer for our Analytics Software Department! We're a newly-formed department with the purpose of understanding and prototyping modern, distributed data processing and visualization systems. Our goal is to be the premier department within Aerospace for prototyping new analytics technologies using data pipelines, processing, storage, and visualization systems. Our department is distributed between our El Segundo, CA; Colorado Springs, CO, and Chantilly, VA locations where we provide technical support and expertise for a variety of government customers. If you have the skill and talent to be one of the best, then we encourage you to apply!
- Support a variety of projects involving rapid software prototyping using our Cloud Technologies Lab (CTL)
- Researching, deploying, and evaluating new data analytics technologies
- Provide recommendations to our customers on the utility of various software technologies based on current and prior research and prototyping experience
- Support the department's technology research roadmap for future research and evaluation activities
- Periodically prepare and present outbriefings to internal and external customers on the results of research and evaluation testing
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering/scientific experience (consideration for experience will be given to those with an advanced degree)
- Proficiency in software languages such as C/C++, Python or Java
- Experience in software virtualization and container technologies such as Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience in creating or utilizing data messaging buses such as Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, GMSEC, etc.
- Experience using version control software such as Subversion or Git/Atlassian Suite (JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket)
- Experience in architecting, detailed design definition, and development for ground-based Command & Control/Data Processing systems
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Designing and developing NoSQL database systems such as Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, or Redis
- Experience with performing trades between performance, complexity, functionality, etc. for similiar software technologies
- Creating and/or using Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) systems such as Apache NiFi
- Exposure developing systems using commercial cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus
- Web development framework experience for data visualization is a plus
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
Job Segment: Database, Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Technology, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top