Sr. Cyber Security Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 52426
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Cyber Engineering Department (CED) at Aerospace works as part of a Government team to validate and verify design specifications, document and analyze requirements, review and critique system verification plans, and analyze system performance vs. requirements and needs. CED provides expertise in policy, assessment, integration, research, and technology to address cyber threats through cybersecurity techniques, threat and vulnerability assessments, active countermeasures, and cyber resiliency. We are looking for people to join our team that have a passion for developing complex cybersecurity systems architectures. In this role you will provide technical support and leadership in engineering and researching challenging cybersecurity solutions for Aerospace internal and external customers in all segments of space systems across multiple functional areas including strategic and tactical military satellite communications and ground network systems. You will work closely with Government agencies such as National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), National Security Agency (NSA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), other FFRDCs, and contractors to provide project leadership, mentoring junior engineers, and developing impactful future projects.
- Work closely with government sponsors to develop system CONOPS, define cybersecurity architectures and software architectures
- Work with stakeholders to define system requirements and assist sponsors to ensure user needs are met and contractors are meeting requirements and deliverables
- Work with customers to understand and implement security controls
- Support multiple space systems customers and closely collaborate with Aerospace, Government, other Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs), contractors, and mission partner representatives
- Act as Technical Advisor Agent to sponsors in architecture and program development and in contractor program reviews
- Participate in risk management activities to ensure cybersecurity risks are evaluated and mitigations applied in accordance with security directives
- Assist in development of mitigating courses of action and creation of comprehensive strategies to include system design modifications
- Review cybersecurity and software architectures and designs of applications within distributed computing networks, data networks, network simulation, and tactical networks. Provide recommendations on network architectures and solutions based on technical performance assessments. Perform vulnerability assessment of computer networks and satellite ground stations.
- Proactively support program management of multiple projects and facilitate in-depth working groups to identify credible threats, relevant vulnerabilities, and assess operational impacts
- Demonstrate knowledge of software developed for various platforms including embedded systems; understand and mitigate the security vulnerabilities in various SW and HW designs
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited University
- 12 or more years of experience in systems engineering of information assurance or cybersecurity systems
- Experience working with the RMF and implementing security controls
- Demonstrate ability to understand software development and system security vulnerabilities
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills with understanding of computer ground networks
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communications and excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to work independently in a distributed team environment
- Ability to travel locally with some occasional domestic travel required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance issued by the US government. US Citizenship is an eligibility requirement to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited University
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification or equivalent certification
- 15 or more years of experience in systems engineering of information assurance or cybersecurity systems
- Experience securing high level complex systems such as space-based ground systems
- Demonstrate ability in Cybersecurity and Computer Network security and protection
- Knowledge of DoD cybersecurity policies, including Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Project management experience is desirable
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to interact well with customers, other government agencies, FFRDC staff and contractor personnel
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Cyber Security, Electrical, Information Systems, Security, Engineering, Technology
Back to top