Sr. Cyber Engineer
- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 52065
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California); Greenbelt, MD (Maryland)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Sr. Cyber Engineer for our Cyber Security Subdivision. The Cyber Security Subdivision provides expertise in security policy, requirements, assessment, integration, research, and technology to address cyber threats through cybersecurity techniques, risk, threat and vulnerability assessments, active countermeasures, and cyber resiliency. This role will provide technical support and leadership in security architecture, engineering, and researching cyber solutions for Aerospace internal and external customers in all segments of space systems across multiple functional areas including strategic and tactical military satellite communications and ground network systems. Collaboration with program offices, government agencies such as National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), National Security Agency (NSA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), etc., other FFRDCs, and contractors, providing project leadership, mentoring junior engineers, and developing future projects.
- Perform system security engineering to advise various DOD and Intelligence programs on cybersecurity, information assurance, risk identification and mitigation
- Understand and mitigate the security vulnerabilities in various SW and HW designs
- Leading or participating in projects involving one or more of the following areas: Cyber Resilience, Cloud Security, Software Assurance, Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber Physical System (CPS), Program Protection Planning (PPP), risk and cybersecurity frameworks, cyber system trade-off studies for various system designs or protocols,
- Support the development and validation of security policy, governance processes, and requirements.
- Provide recommendations on network security architectures and solutions based on technical performance assessments.
- Perform analysis, modeling, and simulation in the areas of cyber and network security
- Work with customers to understand and integrate cyber emerging technologies
This position can be located in El Segundo, CA, Chantilly, VA, or Greenbelt, MD
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 12 or more years of experience in systems engineering of information assurance or cyber security systems
- Ability to design and implement algorithms
- Experience working with the risk or cybersecurity frameworks
- Experience implementing security controls
- Experience with embedded systems
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to travel
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- CISSP Certification
- DoD architecture development experience
- Procurement or logistics experience
- Experience securing high level complex systems such as data centers
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to interact well with customers, other government agencies, FFRDC staff and contractor personnel.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Embedded, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Government, Technology
Back to top