Sr. AEHF MILSATCOM Terminal Communication Architectures Analyst
Requisition ID: 43946
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Communication Architectures Department performs trade studies, analyses, and simulations to optimize the overall communications performance of satellite, launch vehicle, and ground-based systems. We define, develop, and analyze robust satellite topologies, evaluate modulation and coding combinations, and select RF bands for on-orbit operations based on propagation characteristics and regulatory constraints. Our multidisciplinary staff defines the architectures to ensure cutting edge, state of the art high-performance communications and coordinates the activities of related engineering specialties to ensure mission objectives are achieved.
We are seeking an Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) Communication Architectures Analyst to provide subject matter expertise for the systems development life cycle of AEHF Terminals, AEHF Satellite Payloads, and Presidential & National Voice Conferencing (PNVC) baseband equipment. CAD is comprised of 30 personnel located in El Segundo, CA and Chantilly, VA. This role is located in El Segundo, CA.
- Development of communications terminal and satellite enterprise systems
- Provide technical analysis and technical leadership to develop the next generation of communication architectures and requirements
- Design, analyze, and simulate space and terrestrial communication system architectures and create communication analysis tools
- Develop and assess the performance of satellite and ground systems, communications links, signal processing algorithms, and wireless network protocols
- Survey and identify trends to develop ground-breaking communication architectures and concepts
- Perform waveform and RFI analysis for frequency management, spectrum planning and spectrum registration
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Provide independent technical leadership, mentorship, and direction to less experienced staff
- Coordinate tasks and participate in technical meetings with SMC, NRO, Navy, NOAA, NASA, and Civil & Commercial program office representatives
- Present technical and project status briefings to management and customers
- Travel to customer facilities
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or science
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience
- Active Secret clearance
- Demonstrated ability to architect, design, analyze and specify AEHF and/or MILSTAR satellite communication architectures, corresponding specifications, interface control documents, and terminal planning constraints
- Strong background in communication systems, architectures, and networks
- Demonstrated ability to optimize architectures based on analysis, system design, coding, modulation, network, and spectrum utilization parameters
- Project development experience and demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and customer interface skills are needed, as is a demonstrated ability to interact with customer and contractor personnel in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead and mentor more junior staff members
- Some travel
- AEHF/MILSTAR terminal or payload development experience
- Architect, analyze, model, test and specify AEHF PNVC enterprise level architectures, PNVC component specifications, AEHF terminal designs, and AEHF satellite mission control subsystems
- Familiarity with AEHF Joint Terminal Segment specifications, the Payload to Terminal Interface Control Document, Terminal Planning Constraints Document, and, Air Force Manual 63-119
- Experience in enterprise level satellite communications risk reduction testing, developmental testing and/or operational testing
- Experience in modeling and simulation of vocoders (MELP and G.729D) and conference management systems
- Technical leadership experience in hardware and software development
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, communications, or systems engineering
- At least 15 years experience in space systems engineering development and acquisition
- Working knowledge of interoperability and standards; spectrum management; protocols and infrastructures; wireless communications and network design
- Knowledge of various SMC and NRO programs is important, especially MILSATCOM, terminal program offices, MUOS, GPS, AFSCN and Launch Range
- Experience with protected satellite communications
- Experience with anti-jam designs and analysis
- Experience with RFP/acquisition documentation development and review
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Network, CAD, Drafting, Engineering, Technology
Back to top