Spacecraft / Payload Controls Engineer
Requisition ID: 39373
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Control Analysis Department performs satellite control system analysis for a wide range of programs. Work includes attitude and payload control, applications of estimation and filtering, and advanced vehicle dynamics.
This position is for an entry-level controls engineer who can support the analysis and technical evaluation of spacecraft and payload control systems on a variety of satellites.
- Perform attitude determination and control system related tasks in the following areas: concept development, trade studies, source selections, requirements analyses, risk assessments, design analyses, simulation development, test planning, data analysis, operations support, and anomaly resolution.
- Develop new analysis tools and techniques.
- Participate in contractor technical interchange meetings and reviews.
- Communicate technical results to government customers, program management, and contractors.
- Master's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- 0-1 year of industry relevant experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following: control system design and analysis, estimation theory, or advanced dynamics
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Occasional travel required
- PhD degree in an appropriate technical discipline is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of a compiled programming language such as C/C++ or FORTRAN
- Team or project leadership experience
- Experience with one or more of the following:
o Spacecraft attitude determination and control
o Payload pointing estimation and control
o Advanced control techniques and applications
o Kalman filtering and stochastic processes
o Modeling and simulation of control systems
o Multibody and flexible body dynamics
o Implementation, testing, and calibration of control systems
o Cubesat or smallsat attitude determination and control design and operations
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top