Spacecraft and Launch Vehicle Battery Technology Research Scientist / Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 53481
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Energy Storage Technology section of the Energy Technology Department focuses on battery and energy storage technology for spacecraft and launch vehicle applications. The department performs independent research, verification, and validation of battery and cells for spacecraft and launch vehicles. Our multidisciplinary staff provides research and development, technical oversight, and evaluation of energy storage systems to support acquisition, launch, and operations of launch vehicles and spacecrafts. We provide laboratory capabilities and maintain strong links to the U.S. and international space battery community.
- Initiates, plans, and conducts research and development projects to resolve complicated energy storage, battery, and battery material related technical problems
- Devises new approaches to energy storage and battery technology, modeling, data analysis, test and evaluation, verification, battery management system, and application of machine learning
- Systematically reviews prior arts and publications and presents new relevant developments to the team
- Actively interacts with staff, management, and technicians to execute projects. Frequent intra and inter-organizational communication
- Performs data analysis, conducts tests, develops details of specifications, prepares detail reports, assists in planning and development of studies and research projects
- Participates in development of battery testing and evaluation systems
- Assists in technology planning and development; performs testing and evaluation of materials and devices
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry, Materials Science Engineering, or related fields with ≥ 3 years of professional research/work experience in one of these areas
- Experience in lithium based electrochemistry for batteries
- Experience using laboratory instruments, analytical instruments, software and data acquisition systems
- Highly motivated and goal oriented, with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in inter-organizational and inter-disciplinary teams
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Ph.D. in above-mentioned areas
- Ability to obtain SCI clearance
- Technical leadership experience (project lead, program management, etc.)
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBR-TCH STF SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Chemistry, Scientific, Research Engineer, Engineer, Research Scientist, Science, Engineering
Back to top