Space Vehicle Modeling & Simulation Engineer
Requisition ID: 45658
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Vehicle Engineering Department is part of the Vehicle Systems Division, the premier satellite and launch vehicle technical organization within the Aerospace Corporation. We are seeking a Modeling & Simulation Engineer who is inquisitive, motivated, has outstanding technical skills, and has uncompromising technical integrity and objectivity to contribute to our growing team in the Vehicle Modeling and Analysis Section. You will work on satellite-level, subsystem-to-subsystem, and satellite-to-system integrated modeling and analysis primarily across a range of intelligence community programs, but with opportunities in civil and defense agency programs also. Aerospace's broad reach across the U.S. space systems enterprise will give you a unique opportunity to follow your own particular interests and identify ways that you can uniquely contribute based on your particular skills and experience.
In this position, you will apply your experience in the field of spacecraft modeling and simulation to work on satellite-level, subsystem-to-subsystem, and satellite-to-system integrated modeling and analysis, primarily across a range of intelligence community programs, but with opportunities in civil and defense agency programs also. Aerospace's broad reach across the U.S. space systems enterprise will give you a unique opportunity to follow your own interests and identify ways that you can uniquely contribute based on your own skills and experience.
You will be the point-of-contact for detailed technical analyses and assessments to:
- Validate requirements
- Assess capabilities and margins
- Identify failure modes
- Investigate issues and anomalies
Analysis topics you will work on may include:
- Optimal satellite pointing and planning
- Estimation and calibration
- Satellite data processing
- Master's degree in physics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or an appropriate technical discipline with at least five years of engineering work experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience in space systems modeling and analysis with computer programming of models, simulations, and/or data processing.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, leadership, and communications skills, and a willingness to network.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Graduate-level degree in physics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or appropriate technical discipline, with thesis.
- Experience with rotational dynamics and kinematics, statistics and error evaluation, geometric optics and imaging systems.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented programming principles, software configuration management, and basic software design.
- Familiarity with Linux and high-performance computing environments.
- Ability to work closely with senior Aerospace/government management.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBR-TCH STF SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Military Intelligence, Engineering, Government, Technology
Back to top