Space Systems/Reliability Engineer
Requisition ID: 41531
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) functions as a corporate pool of engineering skills and services to support the programs. Within ETG, The Acquisition Risk and Reliability Engineering Department (ARRED) supports its customers through rigorous application of risk and reliability tools and processes in support of mission assurance activities for spacecraft, launch, and their associated ground systems.
We have a current need for a reliability engineer to provide technical leadership and expertise for a wide variety of projects and customers; as a member of the ARRED team, you will:
- Provide reliability technical expertise and independent customer support in the area of space, launch, and ground systems mission assurance (MA) for national security space and civil and commercial customers
- Perform independent assessments of, and sometimes develop, failure modes, effects and criticality analyses (FMECA) for space, launch, and ground systems
- Perform assessments of, and sometimes develop, reliability program plans, reliability models, and reliability requirements
- Evaluate effectiveness of failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action (FRACAS) application and implementation
- Present results of analyses and assessments to management, customers, and associate contractors
- Mentor junior analysts
- Participate on and sometimes lead small teams to accomplish reliability assessment tasks and assess and improve the effectiveness of reliability practices
- Help innovate by developing and applying new technologies (e.g., Model Based Engineering) to reliability engineering in order to enhance existing capabilities and grow capabilities to new application areas
- BS or equivalent degree required in mechanical, electrical, or nuclear engineering, or related field of science or engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of technical experience after a bachelor's degree
- Prior demonstrated experience with reliability modeling/predictions, fault tree or failure modes effects analysis, root cause analysis, and reliability planning
- Strong background in systems engineering
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify, organize, prioritize, and ensure timely completion of tasks
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, staff, and management
- Excellent writing skills and a sample of written technical work
- Availability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Graduate degree in engineering or reliability
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Reliability engineering certification (e.g. ASQ)
- Familiarity/experience with SAPHIRE, RELEX / Windchill, or other reliability engineering tools
- Familiarity with Model-Based Engineering (MBE) a plus
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineer, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top