Space Systems Mission Operations Engineer
Requisition ID: 40135
All Locations: Denver, CO (Colorado)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for a Space Systems Mission Operations Engineer to support Directorate L in the Electronic Programs Division. The Space Systems Mission Operations Engineer is the Aerospace technical lead providing full lifecycle, cradle-to-grave oversight, mission management, sustainment, anomaly resolution, and resiliency support to the government program office for operation of a state-of-the-art national security satellite system.
- Lead and direct the Aerospace team for the government program office for all phases of spacecraft operations to include Readiness, Launch and Initialization, Anomaly Resolution, Resiliency, Sustainment, and End of Life.
- Formulate, document and present the Aerospace findings/positions resulting from research and investigations to peers, management, contractors, and the government customer in written and verbal form
- Represent Aerospace in technical forums, boards, meetings focused on spacecraft/ground operations, maintenance plans, CONOP development, risks management, anomaly investigation, recovery/mitigation plans, and contractor engineering processes
- Identify, direct, and manage members of the Aerospace Engineering matrix to provide specialized, timely support for CONOP development/validation, root cause investigations and anomaly resolution
- Review and assess contractor proposals, program plans, and related contract deliverables
- Assist in the execution of program office systems engineering and acquisition processes
- Formulate and present positions and recommendations on issues and brief the customer on high interest topics.
- Some domestic travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Current and active TS/SSBI
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- At least 8 years of spacecraft systems engineering or operations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as team leader/member consisting of customer, contractor, Aerospace and SETA personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge in customer space systems operations and related processes.
- Working knowledge of NRO Operations and Maintenance processes
- Advanced degree in an engineering discipline from a recognized institution
- NRO Space Systems Operations and Maintenance experience
- NRO Space Launch Readiness, Rehearsal, and Initialization experience
- NRO Program Office and Acquisition experience
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Operations Manager, R&D Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Operations, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top