Space Systems Architecture Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 47211
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Space Systems Architecture Engineer performs architecture-level assessment, modeling, analysis, and conceptual design activities as a member of the Space Architecture Department (SAD). SAD provides expertise in architecture methods, processes, and tools to an extremely broad range of customers, including National Security Space (NSS) and other defense programs, NASA, NOAA, DHS, and others. Members of the Technical Staff in SAD participate in and lead architecture trade studies, architecture conceptualization studies, architecture modeling tasks, and program assessment analyses at multiple levels of complexity, ranging from prototype systems, to full scale acquisition systems, to complex systems-of-systems, to enterprise systems.
- Apply disciplined system architecting methods, processes, and tools, such as the Aerospace System Architecting Method championed by Eberhardt Rechtin and Mark Maier, and the Architecture Design and Evaluation process for architecture-level trades, in a broad range of architecture-level assessment, modeling, analysis, and conceptual design activities
- Construct architecture-level models and develop and execute innovative methods for advancing the state of the practice of model-based systems engineering (MBSE) to improve early life cycle systems engineering
- Use, develop, and integrate analytical methods and tools to evaluate architectural concepts and system conceptual designs for cost, schedule, performance, risk, and resilience to disruptive events or threats
- Participate in program and technology assessments, independent risk assessments, and similar tasks
- Closely collaborate with other Aerospace personnel to marshal technical expertise in multiple technical disciplines and domains to enable concurrent engineering approaches to address complex problems
- Work with Aerospace program office, customer, and contractor personnel to elicit and identify needs, requirements, and constraints for studies; scope, plan, and execute the study; and effectively communicate task status, methods, results, and recommendations in briefings and formal technical reports
- Bachelor's degree in science, mathematics, or engineering.
- A related Master's degree, or two or more years related engineering or space systems architecture professional or post graduate experience.
- Ability to organize and lead cross-functional, cross-organizational teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse set of collaborators.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present methods and results effectively in briefings, formal reports, and informal communications.
- Exceptional time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and acquire knowledge through self-study.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Top Secret SCI security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Familiarity with spacecraft, payloads, ground systems, launch systems, missile systems, or airborne systems
- Knowledge of space architecture conceptual design, analysis, and concurrent engineering techniques
- Experience in early life cycle systems engineering or acquisition processes
- Experience in systems engineering or system architecting
- Experience in enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecting, or mission engineering
- Experience in architecture or system modeling, particularly using the Systems Modeling Language (SysML), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Unified Profile for DoDAF and MODAF (UPDM), or Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Experience with spacecraft systems engineering and operations
- A Ph.D. or equivalent in engineering, science, or related field
- A current Top Secret / SCI clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Systems Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Security Clearance, Engineering, Government
Back to top