Space Systems Analyst
Requisition ID: 41682
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Modeling and Simulation Department (MSD) is involved in the design and implementation of large-scale, system-of-systems simulations and provides world-class analysis of the performance and utility of space, ground, and related systems for DoD, NRO, Civil, and Commercial Customers. Specific areas of focus include military utility analysis, communication architecture and network assessments, space resiliency, scenario and concept of operations development, model-based system engineering, and ballistic missile defense.
- Support and lead teams that perform modeling, simulation, and analysis of DoD, NRO, and Commercial space systems
- Assist customers in defining measures of effectiveness and performance
- Develop and use operational scenarios based upon DoD sources
- Conduct trade studies of architecture alternatives
- Develop large-scale, systems-of-systems simulation tools and associated databases
- Perform analyses that incorporate phenomena across multiple disciplines including astrodynamics, communications, reconnaissance, operations research, and missile defense
- Communicate analysis results to management and customers and document results in technical reports
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and direction to less experienced staff
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics from a recognized institution
- Eight (8) or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including experience in a systems engineering and/or program management environment
- Strong background in systems engineering, trade studies, and/or engineering research
- Experience in the modeling and simulation of large-scale systems
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify, organize, prioritize, and ensure timely completion of tasks
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, contractors, and colleagues
- Excellent writing skills and a sample of written technical work
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Excellent programming skills and the facility to apply computer programs to solve complex problems
- Experience with software development processes and technologies
- Experience in operations research, communications systems, missile defense, reconnaissance, astrodynamics, and/or stochastic models
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Engineer, Security Clearance, Computer Science, Aerospace, Technology, Engineering, Government, Aviation
Back to top