Space Survivability RF Engineer/Sr. Space Survivability RF Engineer
Requisition ID: 40666
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Advanced Research and Engineering (AR&E) sub-division within the Advanced Technology Division is looking for motivated and talented forward thinking engineers and scientists to join the team developing the next generation of resilient satellites. The Space Survivability RF Engineer/Senior Space Survivability RF Engineer will advance cutting edge resiliency technologies, operational concepts, and innovative architectures in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment. An innovative, versatile and self-motivated individual will be able to make a big impact in the emerging field of spacecraft survivability and the supporting technology development.
- Work with directly with government customers to develop innovative RF systems to support a wide range of space and airborne applications.
- Support government development of demonstration payloads from concept through on-orbit demonstration.
- Leverage Aerospace corporate expertise from the Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) to provide technical support across the full array of space systems engineering disciplines.
- Establish, lead and mentor high-performing ETG teams across multiple geographic locations.
- Provide periodic execution reviews to Aerospace and customer senior management.
- Provide frequent communication to government counterparts on Aerospace ETG support
- Collaborate with other Aerospace program offices
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, physics or science from a recognized institution
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using verbal presentations and written reports
- Current Top Secret/SSBI/SCI is required.
- Additional customer security requirements apply.
- Occasional travel within the US
Required Qualifications for Space Survivability RF Engineer
- At least 8 years of experience developing or testing RF hardware and/or data processing capabilities for airborne or space-based systems
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support to space or aircraft payload development programs
In addition to the above, the Senior Space Survivability RF Engineer must have the following:
- 12 or more years of experience developing or testing RF hardware and/or data processing capabilities for airborne or space-based systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams of engineers on space systems development programs
Preferred Qualifications for Space Survivability RF Engineer
- Advanced degree in engineering, physics or science from a recognized institution
- Specific knowledge or experience with radar systems and processing techniques for airborne or space-based systems
- Experience leveraging matrixed employees to provide expertise for space systems development
In addition to the above, the Senior Space Survivability RF Engineer preferred qualifications are:
- Demonstrated success in directly interfacing with senior government leadership of varying backgrounds
- Extensive experience one or more space system development program offices
- Direct recent experience developing and delivering RF payloads for space systems
- Knowledge of man-made threats to space systems
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, RF Engineer, Aerospace, Physics, Engineering, Government, Aviation, Science
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top