Space Situational Awareness, Project Engineer
Requisition ID: 45626
All Locations: Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Provide strategic direction and support for Space Situational Awareness (SSA) projects in Colorado Springs, CO. The candidate will identify, assess and recommend solutions, system-of-systems approaches and conduct systems engineering in the development of advanced SSA modeling and simulation capabilities to address emerging national space-security issues. The selected candidate will be expected to provide modeling and simulation assistance, technical guidance and leadership to Aerospace and program office customers across a wide variety of Department of Defense (DOD) organizations including Headquarters Air Force Space Command (HQ AFSPC), the Combined Forces Space Component Command, the Joint Task Force Space Defense and the Space Security and Defense Program (SSDP) SSA area. The candidate will also be expected to interface with the Intelligence Community and other government organizations working space situational awareness related activates.
This is a dual level requisition which can be filled as a Project Engineer/Sr. Project Engineer.
- A bachelor degree in engineering or natural sciences from a recognized institution with 8 (PE) or more years/ 12 (Sr. PE) or more years of relevant engineering/technical experience. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A strong technical and operational background in space situational awareness is required.
- Demonstrated leadership in assessing and recommending future SSA needs is required.
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic advice and counsel to senior customers is required.
- Experience with systems engineering, system architecting, requirements development, system acquisition, space and military operational planning and execution processes, exercise support and operational experiments is strongly desired.
- Experience in using Aerospace's reachback capabilities is desired.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal communication and briefing skills along with demonstrated ability to work independently and interact effectively with high-level government, Aerospace, and contractor personnel.
- This position requires a current TS/SCI clearance and the ability to obtain SAP/SAR clearances.
- The flexibility to travel, support and engage with geographically-dispersed stakeholders is desired.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, ERP, SAP, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, Technology
Back to top