Space Situational Awareness Analyst
Requisition ID: 42493
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for a Space Situational Awareness Analyst to support the Mission Analysis & Operations Department. The Mission Analysis and Operations Department (MAOD) is focused on space situational awareness analysis and real-time operations support. We perform general orbital analysis, trajectory modeling, space object catalog process analysis, orbit determination, formation flying and proximity operations analysis, and RF and laser deconfliction analysis. Our real-time operations support includes launch and on-orbit collision risk assessments, on-orbit breakup event analysis, orbit transfer and maneuver planning, and de-orbit/reentry analysis. Members of the department also perform general modeling, analysis, and visualization of space systems as needed to accomplish program objectives.
- Apply in-house or custom-developed analysis tools as necessary
- Develop new analysis tools and techniques as necessary
- Interact routinely with department staff as part of the project team(s)
- Master's or PhD degree in aerospace engineering or related technical discipline from a recognized institution
- 0-1 year of industry related experience
- Significant aptitude with astrodynamics and related mathematics
- Experience with any or all of the following:
- orbital debris analysis
- reentry analysis
- collision avoidance analysis
- maneuver planning
- orbit determination
- formation flying
- satellite operations
- Demonstrated skills in the development and use of computer software tools
- Dependability and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently is critical, coupled with the intuition to know when to ask for help
- Demonstrated skills in documentation and presentation of results
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- An advanced degree in aerospace engineering or related field
- Experience with astrodynamics and related mathematics
- Current TS/SCI
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Government, Aviation, Science, Technology
Back to top