Space Operations Engineer
Requisition ID: 38743
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
This position is for a Space Operations Engineer within a tightly integrated program office of Air Force, Aerospace, and SE&I contractor. The work location is co-located with the government program office, so frequent interaction with the customer and support contractors is expected in this environment. The selected applicant will serve as a key member of a small team supporting satellite communications advanced demonstration projects. The Aerospace Space Operations Engineer will also frequently interact with contractors that are developing space operations capabilities. A successful candidate will have demonstrated dependability on completing tasks within time constraints.
- Provide technical support to space operations
- Identify risks and inform Aerospace management and the customer
- Lead ETG (Engineering & Technology Group) efforts for space operations testing and anomaly resolutions
- Generate and deliver written reports and presentations to the customer and Aerospace management
- Provide risk assessments and mitigation recommendations
- Establish and maintain the confidence and trust of the government customer
- At some stages of the project, a moderate amount of travel is expected
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related technical discipline
- 12 or more years of experience that includes expertise in satellite operations
- Leadership experience and initiative in resolving programmatic and technical issues
- Experience leading activities that require coordination among multiple organizations
- Experience mentoring less experienced technical staff
- Current TS/SSBI, active SCI clearance with the ability to pass a CI polygraph exam and obtain additional security accesses
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Technical M.S. degree strongly preferred
- Expertise in space operations products and fault protection
- Experience with design and testing of operations procedures for spacecraft
- Experience with software developments including integration of multiple software subsystems
- Experience with attitude control systems and related software
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Operations, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top