Space Nuclear Senior Project Leader
- Albuquerque, NM
Requisition ID: 55302
All Locations: Albuquerque, NM (New Mexico)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Civil Technology Office is responsible for coordinating technical solutions to customer challenges across all the civilian agencies. The space nuclear systems project leader would work with various space agencies to improve knowledge of and move nuclear space based systems from conceptual design through development and ensure mission success.
- Assist government customers with the development of advanced concepts and systems including nuclear thermal propulsion, nuclear electric propulsion and nuclear power generation.
- Work closely with technology and acquisition communities to assess and define development risks and requirements, reaching out to develop small project teams across program office and ETG (Engineering & Technology Group) personnel as necessary.
- Define and mitigate risks to programs or across program boundaries, coordinate support across program office and ETG organizations, and support other duties as required.
- Coordinate and grow enterprise subject matter expertise and technical capabilities in nuclear applications
- Lead and support business development and program execution teams in opportunity identification, capture, proposals, and organizing, executing and delivering work.
- Lead and support the development of capability offerings, produce and service lines, and capability and thought leadership white papers.
- BS/BA in an appropriate technical discipline (engineering, science, mathematics, computer science), OR a BS/BA from an accredited school and coursework/certificate in systems security
- 10 years of professional experience are required, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced propulsion systems engineering
- Experience in concept assessments, advancing technologies, designing technology demonstrations and establishing requirements for next generation systems
- Ability to travel
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Active member of space nuclear community
- Exhibits exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Experience generating high quality written work products
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Job Segment: Engineer, Security Clearance, Nuclear Engineering, Computer Science, Project Manager, Engineering, Government, Technology
Back to top