Space Network Systems Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation's Network Systems Department (NSD) is seeking innovative and creative thinkers and problem solvers to join our growing organization. Our department specializes in the development of innovative concepts and solutions for future space network architectures. You will have exciting opportunities to get involved in the development of future space network concepts, architectures, prototyping, and technology demonstrations. An ideal candidate would possess a solid theoretical background in wireless communications network with knowledge of the latest trends in machine learning, AI, and IoT concepts and technologies.
- Participate in various network systems engineering tasks and projects through network systems architecture, development, analysis, modeling & simulation, integration & test, and prototype development/validation
- Support development of innovative concepts and algorithms in supporting areas of network/mission management systems, network routing, network mobility, network performance/reliability analysis, traffic modeling, software-defined networking, network protocols, network resiliency, and network security
- Develop presentations and reports to clearly communicate with internal and external customers
Participate in special projects and research & development (R&D) projects to develop the next generation of Space and Ground network concepts, architectures, and technologies
- Utilize network simulation and emulation testbeds to investigate new technologies and assess system performance
- Support sustainment and development of core network simulation, emulation, and modeling capabilities
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or another related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-onexperience
- Strong background in networking concepts including dynamic routing, QoS, MAC and Network layer protocols
- Some knowledge and understanding of wireless and RF principles
- Software development skills in languages such as MATLAB, Python, and C++
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Some travel
- Ability to obtain DOD government clearance (US citizenship required to obtain clearance)
- Advanced degree with at least 7 years of experience in engineering development and acquisition or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, communications, or systems engineering with at least 2 years of experience.
- Experience in network systems engineering, including design, analysis, modeling, simulation, and performance evaluation
- Experience architecting, developing, and/or testing wireless and/or mobile networked communication systems
- Experience or familiarity with Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) concepts and protocols
- Experience with military and commercial satellite communications or tactical military communication systems
- Experience with network routers/switches, virtual servers, and cloud computing
- Modeling & Simulation experience in MATLAB, SignalPro, Python, and OPNET or Qualnet/Exata
- Current and activeSecret clearance
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top