Space Engineer for Warfighting Integration
- Arlington, VA
Requisition ID: 53266
All Locations: Arlington, VA (Virginia); Washington, DC (District of Columbia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Join the Space Functional Integration Team at the Air Force Warfighting Integration Capability (AFWIC) within HQ of the United States Air Force. Provide national security space expertise to decision-makers as you inform them on how space capabilities can help win a future conflict. AFWIC develops and refines concepts to ensure the Air Force and joint force are able to effectively fight in the future. By contributing objective Aerospace analysis and expterise, assist AFWIC in their objetive to find new solutions and promising capabilites in the presence of an adapting, evolving threat.
*Work locations include the Pentagon and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling
- On-site engineer leading all aspects of Aerospace expertise requested by AFWIC
- Serve as the primary interface between Aerospace ETG support and AFWIC space team
- Primary engineer for space-related analysis supporting AFWIC's annual Futures Game
- Bring space expertise to AFWIC's role as the Air Force leader in Joint All Domain Command & Control (JADC2)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Ability to understand technical details of science & technology concepts and translate those concepts into an action-oriented plan to achieve success
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills and written/oral communication
- Deep experience in one or more space capability areas (Missile Warning, Space Domain Awareness, MILSATCOM, etc.)
- General understanding of counterspace threats and mitigations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or other technical discipline
- Experience in briefing Government leaders
- 12 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including experience in a systems engineering and/or program management environment
- Experience with DoD command and control (C2) framework and DoD warfighting practices/policies
- Experience with Missile Warning / Missile Tracking (MW/MT)
- Experience working with Aerospace's different Engineering and Technology departments
- Familiar with roles & responsibilities of various Pentagon organziations within OSD and the Air Force
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Virginia
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace, Laboratory, Engineering, Technology, Aviation, Science
Back to top