Space Architecture Performance Analyst
Requisition ID: 38501
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for a Space System Architecture Modeling & Analysis Engineer to work with The Performance Modeling and Analysis Department (PMAD). The Performance Modeling and Analysis Department (PMAD) focuses on the modeling, analysis, and optimization of orbits, satellite access, and system performance at all levels for space architectures. We develop sensor models and system visualizations; perform system and architecture performance assessments; and perform orbital coverage, geolocation, and communications analyses. PMAD provides decision support to complex customer problems using state-of-the-art multi-objective optimization and visual analytics tools. We develop and maintain special-purpose software to support our analyses. PMAD software developers apply object-oriented and parallel processing techniques to our software to leverage the corporation's high-performance computing resources.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of space system architecture modeling and coverage analysis.
- Compare performance of architecture variants and conduct trade studies.
- Model and analyze sensor performance and satellite access to ground points and other architectural elements. Develop and generate system performance metrics as necessary.
- Work with analysts as part of larger study teams.
- Develop and present analytical results using Python, Matlab, MS Office, and other tools.
- Interact with program office and customer organizations.
- Create, modify and maintain computer code resident on corporate computing resources as needed.
- BS degree in aerospace engineering, remote sensing or related field of science, engineering, or mathematics required.
- Five years of experience required. Experience in applicable skill area may be substituted in lieu of advanced degree.
- Familiarity with orbital mechanics and mathematics related to satellite access geometry.
- Technically adept with the use and maintenance of PC or Unix platforms and associated software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dependability and good interpersonal skills.
- Active SCI clearance required.
- Graduate degree in aerospace engineering, operations research, or related field of science, engineering, or mathematics.
- Prior experience in system analysis and simulation is desired.
- Background in one of the following areas: architecture performance analysis and modeling, software and/or simulation development.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBR-TCH STF SR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Unix, Engineering, Aviation, Science, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top