Space Architecture Engineer- Sr. Eng Spc
Requisition ID: 40104
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Space Architecture Department provides system-level, architecture-level, and cross-portfolio engineering and program assessment analyses of space systems and launch systems, collaborating with other organizations across Aerospace as needed, for NASA and National Security Space (NSS) programs. The department manages the System Architecture Team and Human Spaceflight Team, two of six Concept Design Center (CDC) teams, and supports the other four CDC teams as needed. The department manages several programmatic and cost assessment capabilities, in coordination with other Aerospace cost experts, and is developing a more comprehensive and integrated Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) analysis capability. The department also supports detailed launch vehicle performance assessments as needed in concert with its launch architecture analysis capability.
• Mentor junior engineers and interns responsible for Space Architecture Studies
• Works closely with contractors and program office to evaluate and develop investigative techniques and application tools; interfaces and develops technical objectives with program office and customers. Coordinates overall preparation and presentation of technical reports, briefings, and analyses prepared by section, as well as for periodic briefings to management and other groups. Provides guidance for professional growth of section staff
• Provides task planning, schedule, and labor estimates for proposed technical work assignments
• Advises supervision of resources needs and capabilities. Provides inputs for budgetary planning
• Participates in day-to-day technical activities and task accomplishments
• Monitors and evaluates processes, techniques, and performance. Reviews documentation and delivery of services
• Works closely with the customer to coordinate tasking, report progress, resolve technical issues, and assure project success
• Prepares written and oral reports of organization's activities, issues, and accomplishments to higher management, subordinates, and teaming organizations
• Recommends and assists evaluation of potential staff additions.
• Implements policies, practices, and operating processes and recommends changes and improvements to supervision
• Participates in inter-organizational team assignments and educational activities
• Identifies opportunities for additional, expanded, and new business
• Participates in independent program reviews and program office-led reviews of acquisition documents.
• Writes or reviews Concept of Operations crafted from customer stories and Statements of Capability.
• Reviews requirements documents for allocation and traceability.
• Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering, operations research, or related field of science, engineering, mathematics, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
• 12 or more years of increasingly responsible and related experience in engineering or technical roles related to space systems architecture or degree equivalent.
• Knowledge and understanding of corporate policies and practices and organizational structure
• Strong potential capabilities in hiring, mentoring, training and development of personnel are required.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete tasks, learn new technical approaches, lead technical efforts, and interact effectively with a broad range of organizations
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Knowledge of DoDAF, and familiarity with common Architecture Modeling Tools such as Rhapsody, Sparx EA, GENESYS, or Cameo
• Experience working with program office personnel in NSG, DSG, and CSG
• Advanced degree in aerospace engineering, systems engineering, operations research, or related field
• Knowledge of space architecture conceptual design, analysis, and concurrent engineering techniques, or Systems engineering experience
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPCLST SR
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Laboratory, Aerospace, Engineering, Science, Aviation
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top