Space Architect (Cyber)
Requisition ID: 48603
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Portfolio Architect is working to create the space enterprise strategy and framework that informs SMC acquisitions across Air Force Space missions. Aerospace's Secure Architectures & Specialty Engineering (SASE) department works with elements across the Portfolio Architect and SMC acquisition Corps to provide cross-program architecting and engineering support with a focus on cybersecurity, cryptography, key management, and resilient design.
In this position, the applicant will provide architecture and modeling support for the Portfolio Architect, to include cybersecurity and the SATCOM capability area.
- Provide architecting and analysis support to the SMC Portfolio Architect
- Define, create and utilize models and architecture views to support cybersecurity assessments.
- Assist in the assessment of cybersecurity threats and development of requirements, architectures and processes to address them
- Coordinating resolution of issues within large multi-organizational teams encompassing SMC, Air Force Space Command, operational Air Force units, NSA, and other Department of Defense components and agencies as required.
- 8 years of technical professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (engineering, science, mathematics, computer science) OR any Bachelor's from an accredited school and coursework/certificate in information systems security
- Experience with systems engineering disciplines, including requirements engineering, verification, test, and/or risk management
- Experience with systems engineering and architecting of DoD or IC systems
- Current Secret clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret / SCI clearance
- Ability to travel
- Experience in information assurance, cybersecurity, and communications security practices, and pertinent directive and statutory documents
- Experience with the application of communications security technologies, such as cryptographic, key management, or authentication systems
- Systems engineering and architecting of space systems; Model-based systems engineering
- Experience with diverse space systems and missions
- Experience with the development, operations, sustainment or acquisition of SATCOM systems
- Exhibits innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Current TS/SCI and eligibility for SAP.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, ERP, Developer, Information Systems, Engineering, Technology
Back to top