Software Systems Engineer Graduate Intern
Requisition ID: 43444
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Software Systems Engineer Graduate Intern for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at in El Segundo, California.
The qualified candidate will become part of the Software Systems Assurance Department in the Information Systems and Cyber Division, where you will develop tools and conduct analyses that support software engineering for mission-critical space systems, notably satellite ground control networks and vehicle flight software.
- Design, implement, and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications, helping engineers solve space system engineering problems using graphics visualization, database interfaces, and data analysis.
- Participate in software development activities that may include stand-alone or web-based applications.
- Conduct studies and assessments of software quality, system design adequacy, and compliance with mission requirements
- Develop innovative tools and techniques to enhance those studies and assessments
- Training and mentorship will be provided.
Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include the following:
- Palpable enthusiasm for learning about space technology and aerospace applications
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and proactively seek guidance and feedback
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity
- Bachelor's degree completed and currently enrolled at an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Experience or coursework in object-oriented software programming
- Leadership or technical responsibility in one or more software development or computer engineering projects
- Working experience with Git or any other version control system
- Fluency with standard office productivity applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Participation in one or more software development or computer engineering projects in aerospace-related applications (e.g. UAVs, CubeSats, robotics)
- Experience in software testing, verification, and validation
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience with cloud-based architectures and platforms
- Experience with information assurance and cyber security
- Experience with modern data analytics (e.g. machine learning, data mining)
- Experience with aircraft and/or spacecraft systems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define goals and track progress on tasks
- Demonstrated ability to apply initiative and creativity to solve problems
- Active security clearance
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
The Aerospace Corporation functions as the nation's independent testing, assessment, and research center for national security space systems, specializing in advanced military space systems. Aerospace offers summer internship positions at our headquarters in El Segundo, California, and our campuses in Chantilly, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico to give students the opportunity to work in the scientific, technical, or administrative areas of the company.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Employment Type: Intern
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Security Clearance, Secret Clearance, Technology, Engineering, Government
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top