Software Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 41695
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an enthusiastic Software Systems Engineer with a strong interest in space systems for an opportunity in the Software Systems Assurance Department. This role consists of developing tools or prototypes that support software engineering for mission-critical spaces systems, notably ground control networks and flight software for rockets and satellites. This position will be located in El Segundo, California.
The Software Systems Assurance Department is a part of the Computer Applications and Assurance Subdivision at Aerospace. This subdivision assures the success of space missions by applying expertise in computer systems and software systems engineering. They collaborate across organizations using all available resources to ensure the success of space and ground systems and software, develop engineering tools, and provide real-time telemetry processing.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 8 or more years of professional experience in software and systems engineering
- Solid understanding of software architectures and methodologies
- Working experience with Git or any other version control system
- Good understanding of continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Ability to self-manage, show leadership, and communicate well
- Overall understanding of build and packaging systems
- Fluency with standard office productivity applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. US Citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Active security clearance
- Advanced technical degree
- Experience with airborne vehicle systems and/or spacecraft systems
- Experience in systems engineering, including requirements management and analysis
- Experience with satellite ground systems
- Experience with agile software development practices
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top