Software Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 40724
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Mission Command and Control (C2) directorate is part of the Space Superiority Division (SSD) supporting the Air Force's Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), SMC/SY. Aerospace is providing support for BMC2 capabilities studies, systems engineering, requirements, architectures, and acquisition. The delivered capabilities will enhance decision timeliness, decision quality, and decision capacity for Space C2 and Battle Management. This position will be leading efforts on defining Mission C2 architecture including how multiple SMC programs fold in and how future systems integrate, and working to ensure that efforts are well coordinated across key mission partners, including SMC, AFSPC, SSDP, AFRCO, AFRL, and other mission partners. The Mission C2 Software Systems Engineer will be able to provide expertise on ground and software systems integration and systems engineering, have mission knowledge of systems at SMC, can bridge ETG, Modeling and Simulation efforts to the program office and help deliver and review program systems engineering documents.
- Directly support SMC/SYFJ
- Actively support the development of test and integration plans, processes, test strategies, provide software test and integration engineering support to Mission C2
- Identify contributions that Aerospace can make to the BMC2 and greater Mission C2 effort, coordinate the integration of those efforts into the Mission C2 plan, and execute delivery through individual and team contributions
- Coordinate and lead Aerospace matrix support for the execution of tasks
- Ensure close coordination across multiple Aerospace and Air Force organizations responsible for the Mission C2 enterprise
- Moderate Travel required
This requisition can be filled as a L2 or L3
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8/12 years of experience in space, ground, or software systems engineering
- Experience in the overall systems engineering, in the development, and/or deployment of a satellite ground systems
- Demonstrated ability to interact and build effective relationships and teams with government customers, other FFRDCs, UARCs, SETA contractors, and Aerospace personnel
- Demonstrated ability to work adaptively in multiple tasks in a small, diverse team, in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision and interact effectively with the Air Force, SETAs, other FFRDCs, and contractor personnel
- Proven ability to manage relations and expectations with external organizations and stakeholders
- Proven ability to build consensus among multi-disciplinary teams within Integrated Product Teams and Working Groups
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Current Top Secret SCI clearance with SSBI
- Knowledge of process for operational and tactical military operations in the land, air, or sea domains that can be applied to the space domain
- Experience in government test and integration of software-intensive systems in the space or operational domains
- Knowledge of all phases of developing testing and integration from development strings to operational systems.
- Excellent understanding of government organizations and the testing community
- Experience in working with multiple stake holders
- Experience in working with SMC, AFRL, AFRCO, AFSPC
- SMC program office experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with OMS/UCI messaging standards
- Knowledge/Experience with Software/System integration laboratories (SILs)
- Experience with Cyber testing on Software/Ground Systems
- Experience/Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : PROJ ENGINEER
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Security Clearance, Software Engineer, Aerospace, Laboratory, Technology, Government, Engineering, Aviation, Science
Back to top