Software Reliability Engineer
Requisition ID: 45981
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a mid-career Software Reliability Engineer in our Software System Quality and Analysis Department. This department provides software and system engineering expertise for the Intelligence Community, DOD, civil and commercial customers, which contributes to 100% mission success.
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of software reliability, maintainability, and availability (RMA)
- Full life cycle software engineering and software reliability engineering support to the Intelligence Community (IC) and/or the Department of Defense (DOD) for software intensive space and ground systems
- Provide assurance of 100% mission success by identifying and developing program specific approaches to software reliability products
- Assess software qualities including functional suitability, reliability, operability, performance efficiency, security, compatibility, maintainability, and transferability
- Develop reliability and availability models for software-intensive systems in coordination with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel
- Develop Failure Modes, Effects and Analysis (FMEA) for software-intensive ground systems
- Research novel methods for increasing availability and fault tolerance for modern ground systems
- Provide end-to-end quantification of RMA, in varying environments including client-server, cloud, and standalone
- Provide software reliability engineering expertise at technical exchange meetings, reviews, briefings, and personal contact with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel
- Work with integrated centers across geographically dispersed offices to provide on time deliveries of milestone critical solutions / deliverables
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Engineering concentrations to include Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems Technology or other technical area of study
- 8 or more years of professional software engineering and analytics experience
- Experience developing reliability, maintainability, and availability (RMA) analyses
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Active and current Top Secret security clearance with ability to obtain and maintain SCI access.
- Master's or advanced degree in statistics, computer science, systems engineering or another analytical field
- Understanding of modern software architecture technologies, such as cloud-based applications and services
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with SSBI
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering, Government
Back to top