Software Process and Systems Simulation Engineer
Requisition ID: 41009
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking an experienced engineer for a modeling and simulation opportunity in our Software Systems Quality and Analysis Department (SSQAD). This department provides software and system acquisition, architecting and engineering expertise for NSS and C&C customers, which contributes to 100% mission success. Part of their mission is to develop integrated centers across geographically dispersed offices while growing to meet new demands. They lead and participate in software policy, standards, research, education, and technical community activities.
- Perform simulation modeling and analysis of software-intensive systems development, including both process and systems simulation
- Develop models in Vensim and ExtendSim, including analysis of data for inputs, and analysis and interpretation of outputs for reporting
- Participate in quantitative software engineering studies with an emphasis on modeling, simulation, and data analysis
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research related to the acquisition of software-intensive systems
- Perform studies that utilize qualitative analysis to structure problems, represent processes, and analyze them for improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, or related discipline
- 8 or more years of related modeling and simulation experience
- Demonstrated experience using simulation software
- Fundamental understanding of software engineering principles and practices
- Familiarity with software measurement and metrics
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis methods
- Working knowledge of statistical software and of statistical techniques in software process management
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. US Citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Experience working on modeling and simulation projects from initial customer engagement through final briefings
- Previous experience supporting the acquisition of software-intensive systems for space across the entire lifecycle
- Expertise using ExtendSim and Vensim simulation software
- Proficiency in writing Basic or C programs to manage data
- Working knowledge of the following analysis methods: categorizing, prioritization techniques, process mapping, causal mapping, hypothesis testing, distribution fitting, regression analysis, confidence intervals, prediction intervals, designed experiments, and the analysis of variance (ANOVA)
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Academic minor or substantial course work in statistics and modeling and simulation
- Active security clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top