Software Engineering Section Manager
Requisition ID: 45258
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Software Engineering Section Manager will be responsible for managing the Technology Evaluation & Analysis Section which consists of approximately ten software engineers providing space-related software and related technology expertise in support of program office and internal corporate requirements.
- Providing software systems engineering skills and technical support to space and ground systems
- Staff development and hiring
- Obtaining and managing staff work assignments
- Leading teams and initiatives
- Ensuring the technical quality of section products
- Business functions (e.g., staff evaluation, resource allocation, following corporate policies and practices)
- Applying skills and demonstrating adaptability in various areas that may include resolution of issues in software and related technologies.
- Section members are working in range of fields such as model-based software engineering, Agile development, machine learning, and enterprise systems. Teams perform risk assessments, technology recommendations, software development, and other software related areas.
- Participating in technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings, and personal contact with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- B. S. in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related technical area of study
- Eight or more years of technical experience
- Experience with the software life-cycle
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in leading tasks and teams
- Willing to hire, develop staff members and learn new skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Current Secret or Top Secret security clearance or ability to obtain one
- Masters or advanced degree in a technical area of study
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering, Technology, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top