Requisition ID: 43821
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Software Implementation And Integration Department. This group is responsible for full life cycle software engineering, development, and software architecture support to the Intelligence Community (IC) including:
- Providing software and system acquisition, architecting and engineering expertise, which contributes to 100% mission success
- Leading and participating in software development, policy, standards, research, education, and technical community activities
- Working with various phases of program and software life-cycles (e.g., formation and evaluation of requirements, systems and software architecture, design, development), and other related areas
- Working closely with geographically dispersed staff to provide on time deliveries of milestone critical solutions / deliverables
- Providing software engineering expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings, and personal contact with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel
- Providing software engineering support to intensive space and ground systems
- Supporting research and development with software systems ranging from embedded systems all the way to cloud computing
- Developing high performance software for either servers or GPUs
- Development of software infrastructure to support dataset management and automated testing
- Working side by side with Software Implementation And Integration Department Engineers
- Participates with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic collaboration partners
- Applies standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or engineering tasks
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related discipline is required
- 0-1 year of related industry experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Active security/top secret clearance
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related discipline
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, C/C++, and/or C#
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- General office environment
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Electrical, Embedded, Technology, Engineering
Back to top