Requisition ID: 49221
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a full-stack Software Engineer interested in building leading-edge software products and systems to join the Analytics Software Department. The Analytics Software Department provides solutions in innovative data processing and analytics and visualizations for Aerospace and its customers. Capabilities in the department include providing real-time Data analytic platforms, cloud architecture and patterns, Big Data storage solutions and visualization Dashboard Solutions. The qualified candidate will become part of the Data Presentation Framework section and will help grow the capability of providing custom dashboard solutions and web portals to our customers. This role will be located in El Segundo, CA.
• Applies standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or engineering tasks.
• Works on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable and distributed software systems that require research, awareness, and interactivity.
• Quickly learns new technical skills to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.
• Develop Dashboards to represent complex datasets in a meaningful manner.
• Participates with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic collaboration partners.
Required for Member of Technical Staff
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a recognized institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of industry-related experience
- Experience in building systems using at least two different languages: Java, Python and other programming languages
- Design of highly scalable web services and distributed systems
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Present project updates to management in order to ensure that project development remains aligned with management vision
- Must work well in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
Additional requirements for Sr. Member of Technical Staff
- Minimum of five (5) years of industry-related experience
- Background in object-oriented design and development, and fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, search engines.
- Experience with Angular 2
- Experience with Git / Subversion
- Experience with Java Spring
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and best practices.
- Experience with Bootstrap and JQuery
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering
Back to top