Requisition ID: 41181
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia); El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a junior-level Software Engineer with a passion for building quality into software products and processes through software design, analysis, and rapid, repeatable, cost-effective testing approaches. The qualified candidate will become part of the Information Systems and Cyber Division (ISCD) providing software related solutions in various domains.
This position will be located in Chantilly, VA, or El Segundo, CA.
Responsibilities and key functions will include:
- Full life cycle software engineering, development, and software quality assessment support to the Intelligence Community (IC) and/or the Department of Defense (DOD) for intensive space and ground systems
- Provide high quality software development, design of software quality assurance and testing approaches, and engineering expertise, using modern software development methodologies, which contribute to 100% mission success.
- Participate in and lead software development and quality enhancing activities, including software quality standards development, manual and automated testing, software quality methodologies research, education, and technical community activities.
- Provide software quality analysis and assurance by conducting static code analysis, automated testing, development of custom test scripts, and integrating a variety of third party test tools
- Develop high performance software for either servers or GPUs
- Develop software infrastructure to support dataset management and automated testing
- Working closely with geographically dispersed staff including Software Architects, Software Development Teams, and Software Systems Quality and Analysis Engineers to provide on time deliveries of milestone critical solutions / deliverables.
- Provide software engineering expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings, and personal contact with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Work with integrated centers across geographically dispersed offices, growing capabilities to meet new demands.
- Support research and development with software systems ranging from embedded systems all the way to cloud computing
- Training and mentorship will be provided
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Two or more years of hands-on experience designing, writing, testing, and fielding software systems or web-based applications
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship required to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- An advanced degree in a related field
- Experience in cloud computing environments
- Active security clearance
Performance standards to be successful in this position include:
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming, principles, and practices
- Experience with a DevOps development lifecycle
- Applied knowledge of modern software methodologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity & Objectivity, and Innovation
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Software Engineer, Information Systems, Technology, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top