- Chantilly, VA
Requisition ID: 47285
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Software Implementation and Integration Department. This group is responsible for full life cycle software engineering, development, and software architecture support to the Intelligence Community (IC) including:
- Providing software and system acquisition, architecting and engineering expertise, which contributes to 100% mission success
- Leading and participating in software development, policy, standards, research, education, and technical community activities
- Working with various phases of program and software life-cycles (e.g., formation and evaluation of requirements, systems and software architecture, design, development), and other related areas
- Leading and guiding DevOps pipeline development projects
- Working closely with geographically dispersed staff to provide on time deliveries of milestone critical solutions / deliverables
- Providing software engineering expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings, and personal contact with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel
- Provide spacecraft engineering analytical and software support to intelligence, defense, and civil agency programs as well as internal research
- Supporting research and development with software systems ranging from embedded systems to cloud computing.
- Development of software infrastructure that supports DevSecOps pipelines
- Be a point-of-contact for detailed technical analyses and assessments to software systems as they relate to:
- Validating requirements
- Assessing capabilities and margins
- Identifying failure modes
- Investigating issues and anomalies
- Apply your knowledge and expertise and work with your Aerospace Corporation program support teammates to form recommendations and provide technical advice to intelligence, defense, and civil customers
- Initiate and lead advanced complex integrated analysis and simulation projects consisting of diverse teams with additional Aerospace engineering and laboratory support
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Active and current Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- 8 or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Experience with object-oriented programming, SDLC best practices, and common software Design Patterns
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in engineering modeling and analysis with computer programming of models, simulations, and/or data processing
- Strong proficiency in general purpose programming languages such as Java, Python, C/C++, and/or C#
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline
- AWS certifications for DevOps, Developer, Solution Architect
- Demonstrated project or team leadership experience
- Ability to work closely with senior Aerospace/government management
- Familiarity with Linux and high-performance computing environments
- Familiarity with and/or desire to learn Object Oriented programming principles, and software configuration management
- Experience with Agile, SAFe Agile, DevSecOps processes
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Embedded, Technology, Engineering
Back to top