Requisition ID: 44875
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer in our Software System Quality and Analysis Department. This department provides software and system engineering expertise for DOD, civil and commercial customers, which contributes to 100% mission success.
- Perform software development, test development, test automation, complex analysis, continuous integration, continuous deployment of software to support distinct product hardware.
- Design, implement and customize modern software release infrastructure to meet different project requirements
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research related to the acquisition of software-intensive systems
- Perform studies that utilize qualitative analysis to software quality problems, represent processes, and analyze them for improvement
- Assess software qualities including functional suitability, reliability, operability, performance efficiency, security, compatibility, maintainability, and transferability
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology or other technical area of study
- 8 or more years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, SVN, and/or Perforce
- Experience with administering Linux based operating systems, Window administration experience is a plus
- Test development, test automation and QA experience
- Skills with multiple of: C/C++, Java, Python, SQL, Java Script or equivalent languages
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US Citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Master's or advanced degree in computer science or another related field
- Experience with Agile development (Jira/Confluence/Scrum)
- Cloud experience preferably creating and managing DevOps environments in pubic Cloud such as AWS
- Knowledge of statistical software and of statistical techniques in software process management
- Understanding of real-time, embedded, and FPGA development
- Experience as a Software Release Engineer
- Experience with containers, especially Docker
- Current Secret Clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Information Systems, Embedded, Technology, Engineering
Back to top