Requisition ID: 45417
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Do you enjoy solving challenging software problems? Want to contribute to the success of the nation's vital space systems? Aerospace is looking for software engineers interested in investigating and applying emerging software technologies to space-related systems. Aerospace's Applied Software Technologies Department (ASTD) team is growing as a leader in applying new software approaches and is looking for your contributions.
- Providing expertise in areas such as machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, and/or cognitive/intelligent system techniques for use in data analysis and predictive response. Assisting customers in applying these techniques toward mission success.
- Providing software systems engineering skills to space, ground, and launch systems in the national security, civil, and commercial domains
- Applying skills and adaptability in various areas that may include resolution of software systems issues. Support may include software development; lifecycle guidance; software consulting; software architectures; enterprise systems; and other related areas.
- Providing technology recommendations, risk assessments, trade studies, and analyses
- Providing expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings to Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Learning new skills and mentoring others
- B. S. in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent required
- Eight or more years experience ideally in complex systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required in order to obtain a security clearance.
- Strong software technical background
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lead tasks
- Willing to learn new approaches and mentor others
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel occasionally
- An M.S. or advanced degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong experience in machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, and/or cognitive/intelligent system techniques for use in data analysis and predictive response.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Architecture, Software Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Technology, Engineering
Back to top