Signal Processing Implementation Engineer
Requisition ID: 43799
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Digital Electronics and Electromagnetics Department is seeking a DSP and hardware implementation engineer with experience doing hardware implementation of high speed and efficient signal processing algorithms. The department has extensive prototyping and proof of concept development experience in communications and signal exploitation applications. The work involves the development of algorithms and transitioning them to processing platforms such as FPGAs, GPUs and general processors. Prototypes are typically developed utilizing SDR platforms and various waveform generation and capture technologies. The work includes prototype development, subsystem modeling and simulation, system level analysis and oversight of customer projects. The whole department engages in work involving antennas, RF subsystems, analog to digital and digital to analog conversion, digital processing and algorithm implementation.
- Implement digital signal processing algorithms for communications and signal exploitation systems.
- Utilize MATLAB and Python for algorithm prototyping and optimize algorithms for efficient hardware implementation.
- Implement algorithms on FPGAs utilizing languages such as VHDL.
- Implement algorithms on GPUs utilizing languages such as CUDA.
- Provide oversight, guidance and technical advice on customer projects involving digital signal processing and other real-time compute intensive problems.
- Perform modeling and simulation work to include a combination of tackling hard signal processing problems to develop unique solutions and modeling and simulation to verify contractor designs and approaches and overall system performance.
- Work with other engineers as a team member to solve multi-disciplinary problems.
- Interface with program office and government customer.
- Work may involve system level analysis such as signal propagation, RF system performance, requirements development and review. Potential for broad range of problems and need to have willingness to learn and tackle new problems.
- Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics or another related technical discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience post bachelor degree (graduate school counts as experience)
- Extensive knowledge of digital signal processing.
- Experience with basic DSP tools such as MATLAB or Python.
- Experience programming FPGAs or GPUs.
- Experience working in an electronics laboratory environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issues by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced degree in the area of digital communications or DSP implementation.
- Experience working with LINUX and development on a LINUX platform.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Implementation Manager, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Technology
Back to top