Signal Processing & Implementation Engineer
Requisition ID: 40648
All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Digital Electronics and Electromagnetics Department supports a broad range of technical challenges covering the entire transmit and receive chains of remote sensing and communications systems. The department engages in work involving antennas, electromagnetic modeling, RF subsystems, analog to digital and digital to analog conversion, digital processing and algorithm implementation. The work includes prototype development, subsystem modeling and simulation, system level analysis and oversight of customer projects. This posting is targeted in the area of signal processing implementation for applications in SIGINT and communications. The job involves the implementation of candidate algorithms and prototype systems along with system level architecture and analysis.
- Provide signal processing and system architecting expertise in the areas of SIGINT and communications systems
- Develop efficient implementation of signal processing algorithms for application in both software and hardware implementations
- Use common industry signal processing tools such as Python, MATLAB, or MIDAS to analyze data and generate algorithms
- Target hardware implementation in a variety of hardware platforms including Software Defined Radio frameworks, GPU and FPGA processing technology
- Provide oversight, guidance and technical advice on customer projects involving digital signal processing and other real-time compute-intensive problems
- The modeling and simulation work will include a combination of tackling hard signal processing problems to develop unique solutions and modeling and simulation to verify contractor designs and approaches and overall system performance
- Work with other engineers as a team member to solve multi-disciplinary problems
- Work may involve system level analysis such as signal propagation, RF system performance, requirements development and review
- Potential for a broad range of problems and need to have the willingness to learn and tackle new problems
- Interface frequently with program office and government personnel
- This position is in Chantilly, Virginia
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 8 years of experience (post-bachelor degree)
- Ability to implement solutions to signal processing problems in languages such as MATLAB, C/C++, Python and MIDAS
- Experience with hardware implementation including software defined radios, GPUs or FPGAs
- Exhibit high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- This position requires the ability to maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- An advanced degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Experience working with implementation and analysis of SIGINT and communications systems
- Broad range of computer skills/experience including LINUX development
- Experience with laboratory test equipment such as logic analyzers, digital oscilloscopes, vector signal analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal generators
- Ability and or interest to work with antennas, RF hardware and baseband electronics as part of system simulation and prototype development and testing
- Ability to work individually or in teams is necessary
- Interest in working with experts in the fields of antenna design, RF systems, SIGINT processing and hardware prototyping
- Current and active Top Secret clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Implementation Manager, Electronics Engineer, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top