Signal Processing Geolocation Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Requisition ID: 47601
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Navigation and Geopositioning Systems Department (NGSD) is seeking signal processing and geolocation engineers to design and implement modeling, simulation, and analysis capabilities to baseline current and next generation SIGINT architectures. NGSD serves as a center of excellence in the development and advancement of position, navigation, and timing technologies for the DoD, NRO, and civil/commercial space communities. Specific areas of interest include the development, test, and deployment of geopositioning architectures that exploit conventional and innovative principles of TDOA, FDOA, AOA, TOA, etc. The signal processing and geolocation position include the following functions:
- Characterize and process radio frequency signals collected by space systems.
- Develop algorithms and simulations for de-interleaving signals from an interferometer flight tests.
- Integrate geolocation performance analysis capabilities into military utility analysis tools.
- Employ a wide range of mathematical and statistical techniques, and theories to analyze multiple signal sources, associate signals from a single source collected by more than one receiver, and geolocate the source.
- Evaluate space system performance, develop new algorithms, and test prototypes in advanced development scenarios.
- Participate in the end-to-end mission data processing development cycle.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, mathematics, or the physical sciences.
- Five (5) or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including systems engineering and/or project leadership.
- Programming skills in both scripted (Python or Perl) and compiled (FORTRAN, C,C++, JAVA) languages.
- Demonstrated ability/interest in applying formation and geolocation analysis in the context of a larger system architecture.
- Experience and proficiency with space systems data collection techniques and processes.
- Experience in signal processing and LINUX, UNIX, and high-performance technical computing systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication and the ability to work independently.
- Interpersonal skills and attitudes needed to work in a cooperative technical effort are essential.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Engineering, or Physical Science curriculum.
- Experience leading teams in geolocation mission design and performance analysis.
- Current TS/SCI.
- Practical SIGINT experience.
- Understanding machine learning algorithms in the context of signal formation.
- Eight (8) or more years of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including systems engineering and/or project leadership.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : ENGRG SPECIALIST
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Aerospace Engineering, Laboratory, Engineering, Government, Science
Back to top