Signal Processing AI/ML Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Communication Software Implementation Department (CSID) is seekingapplicants who are interested indeveloping next-genradios. Our workcombinesthe technical disciplines ofsignal processing, electrical engineering,computer science, data science, and machine learning.We perform proof-of-concept studies,implement new algorithms, and build hardware prototypesto bringourradiosystems beyond simulationandinto the real world. Wedesign non-traditional transceivers usingmachine learning for classification, regression, reinforcement learning, andunsupervisedclustering.Wealso serve assubject matter expertsandprovide technical adviceto our customers onsignalapplicationssuch assatellites, ground stations, handheld radios, GPS receivers, UAVs/drones, and launch vehicles.
- Design, build, test, and demonstrate software/hardwareprototypesforintelligent, cognitive radios
- Usesoftware-defined radio and machine learning frameworksto develop softwareforbothindividual and largeteam codebases,using best practices forcode understandability
- Pitch ideas for new research and development projects
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously,bothindependently andinsmall teams
- Adapt to changing industry trendsandexplore new concepts outside your comfort zone
- Participate in project planning and budgeting. Deliver tech demos and briefings to internal stakeholders and occasionallytoexternal customers.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, or related discipline
- Minimum5years ofindustry experienceand/oryearspursuing anadvanced degreerelated to digitalsignal processing or machine learning
- A theoretical understanding and practical experience with modern communication and digital signal processing techniques.
- Proficiency in one ormore of the following languages: Python, C++,Golang, Rust, Swift
- Working knowledge of any machine learning library such as TensorFlow,Keras, scikit-learn,PyTorch.
- Must be an active software developer and be able to pass a coding interview
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Demonstrated strength in team leadership and engineering problem solving using software-defined radiosor machine learning
- Development experiencein GNU Radio using USRP or similar SDR platforms
- Contributions toGithubrepositories, Kaggle competitions, open-source projects, or Stack Overflow answers
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email email@example.com. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Back to top